Thursday, December 13, 2012

Doily Vinyl

I just got my vinyl shipment in! I got really excited so I had to cut something right!? I had this plain vase sitting on the shelves above my desk and I wanted to make it pretty :) I think everything should serve a purpose and look adorable. Yes. It has to...Also it was the first thing I saw when I looked up lol!

I found this doily pattern from from the silhouette online site. I added a 'D' in the middle with a font I already had on my computer and cut it out. It turned out even better than I expected!

The only advise I have is that for every cut your machine does, you will have to use your hook to take out all the tiny little vinyl pieces out. Tedious..but worth it!

The adorable silver ABC block is actually a coin bank I picked up at the base thrift store for almost next to nothing! They had a brown bag sale and I couldn't believe no one wanted this guy! I love the patina on it. I have a weird obsession with coin banks lol.

Here's the vase in another setting. Wouldn't it be a nice personalized gift for someone?! Or you could use it on your vanity and hold some makeup brushes..oh the possibilities are endless with this simple vinyl idea! You could get tons of cheapie vases at the dollar store or thrift stores and give them a whole new life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...